Easy Being Green... Simple Tips to Green Your Blog - The Spa Party Blog

1.31.2010

Easy Being Green... Simple Tips to Green Your Blog

Let me start off by saying I'm definitely not the greenest gal in the group, I definitely have a ways to go in leading a more eco-friendly lifestyle. However, after stumbling upon this energy saving standby engine via Broke-Ass Bride the other day, I was interested to see what other things I might do to make my blog a bit greener. I know this "behind the blog" type of commentary is a bit off topic, BUT since many of the people who read this blog are bloggers themselves I thought I'd take the opportunity to share the info.

1. For starters, I installed the standby engine which was super easy, just cut and paste a line of code after your tag, save and your good to go!

2. If you own your own domain and pay for your web hosting you can choose a Green hosting company... I've been using FatCow since around October and I think they offer great service, reasonable pricing, and an overall good hosting package. In terms of being green they purchase Renewable Energy Certificates to offset energy use.

3. While doing my research about greening a blog I came across this  10 Easy Ways to Green Your Website list on Mashable

4. Via Mashable I found out that making your site printer friendly can save paper and ink. So I installed the button to make it easier for my readers to print out party inspirations to take along with them on their shopping trips; to incorporate in their own inspiration boards or "one day I'm gonna throw this fabulous party" file.

5. Put One of these badges up

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge
and Brighter Planet will offset 350 lbs worth of carbon in your name, which they equate to the energy savings of shutting off 100 light bulbs for a day, or going without your car for 2 weeks.


I hope you found the info helpful, and choose to do at least 1 or 2 things to green your blog/website.



Your Resident Spashionista!

1 comments:

Jayde January 31, 2010 at 11:29 AM  

That is very neat. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

Please Deposit Your 2 Cents!

Protected by Copyscape Original Content Validator