Best Foot Forward: The Scoop - The Spa Party Blog

1.30.2010

Best Foot Forward: The Scoop

It has been a whole week month since I hosted my Best Foot forward Spa Party. The party turned out great and I've really been looking forward to sharing but I'm a bit disappointed with the quality of my photos. I have no problem taking photos of the kiddo as he gets into his various shenanigans, But taking quality bloggable event photos is a whole 'nother cup of tea. This year I am hoping, as I plan and execute more events, to also become more skilled at taking photographs (which in itself is a challenge when your actually trying to run an event). I'll have to get in the habit of staging more shots prior to guests arriving and/or designating a photo person. Nonetheless, disclaimers (and sickness) aside, I'll share the scoop on my Best Foot Forward Party.

The Decor:

I found this lovely wrapping paper at Target, and used the graphic, which reminded me of a henna pattern ( I realize now that it is probably a snowflake ) throughout the party space. In the kitchen I used a wrapping paper runner made with a coordinating paper from the same collection.

One of my favorite elements, when I was planning the party was the "Make Your Mark Tree", which I couldn't get a good picture of to save my life. I used a branch from my yard and spray painted it, and a picture frame in a brushed metallic from Krylon. I found a really nice big vase from Target and filled it with silver and copperish decor sand.  I then printed blank business cards, with the graphic, hole punched them and tied a ribbon on each. Guests were instructed to share how they'd make their mark in 2010 and hang the cards on the tree.

And a shout out to Teddy from Spalean, who read my blog prior to the party and created a "Happy Soleful New Year" banner for me incorporating some of the colors from my teaser post.




The Food:

 This time around the food followed no particular theme I served a salad Cobb style (in rows) so that folks could choose the toppings they wanted I had lettuce, salmon, cherry tomatoes, eggs, and cheddar. The main dish was a vegetarian rigatoni in a spicy cajun cream sauce with onions, tri-colored peppers, baby portabella mushrooms, and spinach.  I also had a dipping oil on hand for the mini cibatta slices. My fun food element was the Hot Beverage Bar featuring hot milk for the cocoa blocks, chai & hot water for an assortment of teas, coffee, etc.. Also on hand were sweeteners, & creamers. Rather than using hot/cold disposable cups I lucked up and found these nice black mugs on sale at Target for only $1.99.




The Treatments:

The featured treatment stations were "Best Foot Forward" & "Make Your Mark". For the Best Foot Forward Station, I hired Spalean Day & Mobile Spa to do foot treatments. I LOVED working with Spalean, they provided great service, and so many little extras that I didn't even expect. I skipped using my "Neo-Sole" playlist in favor of the relaxing spa music that the therapist provided. In order to set the mood she also set up votives, and flower petal or two; while we made use of our fire place for extra warmth and ambiance. For the treatments we received a foot soak, exfoliation, calf & foot massage & foot mask complete with warm booties.

After the spa station, we moved on to the "Make Your Mark" station to have our feet beautifully decorated by the wonderfully talented and funny Nenya Art.



Gifts & Goodies

Guests received my newly minted peppermint pedis (see here), a  homemade henna balm, a sample size of Muscle Rescue Bath Salts (pictured above in cello bags w. gift wrap) , a pair of socks and a trio of business cards for Spalibrations, Spalean Day & Mobile Spa &amp and Nenya Designs. In addition to the gifts I'd already prepared, our therapist came bearing gifts and treated guest to their pick of floral scented bath gels and mini lotion and scrub samples.



Thanks for reading. For more of a scoop visit the Best Foot Forward: Teaser post, The Henna a new New Years Tradition post, and the Sole-ful New Year post. I hope you find your self walking a purposeful path in 2010.


Your Resident Spashionista!

1 comments:

Katinka January 30, 2010 at 3:05 PM  

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest :) Have a great weekend!

Post a Comment

Please Deposit Your 2 Cents!

Protected by Copyscape Original Content Validator