Handmade Spalidays! - The Spa Party Blog

11.03.2009

Handmade Spalidays!

It is once again "that time of the year" whether you'll be celebrating Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Eid or Festivus, you may be looking for "the perfect gift" for family and friends. Here at The Spa Party Blog, I believe that pampering doesn't have to be expensive. Though you may allow yourself to splurge every once in a while on yourself or others, there are plenty of ways to pamper without breaking the bank. To that end, I'm offering my abbreviated list of Handmade Spaliday items:

1. Wellness Bag from Sew, Mama, Sew




When you really want to show someone you care, you can make them a wellness bag chock full of home spa essentials, any combination of which would make wonderful gifts.

Contains:
  • Rice heat therapy bag
  • Buckwheat cold therapy pack
  • Flax cold therapy eye pillow
  • Anti-stress shower gel
  • Nice lotion and nice soap
  • Loofah mitt
  • Callous brush
  • Relaxation candle
  • 73% dark chocolate

2. Shower Spa Bags by Tip Nut

Bath bombs, salts and soaks are really popular and beneficial but aren't really suited for those people who generally take showers. These little hand held treats offer some of the benefits of a bath soak for the shower set.

3. Body Scrub by Martha Stewart

Of course there are thousands of great scrub recipes on the web, some of my favorites of which are at the Natural Beauty Workshop, however I choose this Martha Stewart recipe because of it's simplicity for those who may not have all the accouterments necessary to make fancier scrubs. An added Martha bonus is that she provides labels that you can print out to make your job that much easier.

4. Hot/Cold Rice Pack by Make It and Love It

Though there are instructions for making a rice pack with the Wellness bag, I thought it was worth adding another tutorial (possibly because I'm just enamored with the fabric choice). These bags are pretty easy to make even if your sewing skills are virtually non-existent (like my own). While I was pregnant with my son I made a few using socks (clean of course) that I couldn't find a match for and my husband would always steal them from me for his sore muscles. To get "fancy" I added some lavender essential oil and ripped open a bag or two of chamomile tea to add into my rice. I even made a nice sewn version, out of a super comfy old Mickey Mouse t-shirt, that I used during labor. If you use your pack often the rice can tend to scorch, however if you add a mug of water in the microwave alongside your bag when re-heating it, it will add moisture and keep it from burning. Bonus for you, you can make a cup of tea or hot chocolate to sip while you relax with your rice pack.

5. Bath Sundae



These bath sundaes, which I wrote about in a previous post, are cute, whimsical and easy as pie to make.


What are some of your favorite recipes or tutorials for Handmade Spaliday gifts?



Your Resident Spashionista!

3 comments:

Mindy Lockard Etiquette November 6, 2009 at 3:57 PM  

I love these especially the cute idea from Martha Stewart! Thank you for sharing. Best, Mindy

GreedyGirl November 8, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

hey just stopping by from Blogs Her Color
These are great ideas I love the bath Sundaes. This year for Christmas i'm making all of the females in the female gist bags filled with girly pampering goodnes. Thanks for the tips.

glor November 14, 2009 at 7:38 AM  

Great blog!!! Happy SITS Saturday. Will be back to visit.

Post a Comment

Please Deposit Your 2 Cents!

Protected by Copyscape Original Content Validator