Tweet of The Week (May10th) - The Spa Party Blog

5.11.2009

Tweet of The Week (May10th)


This week my internet was down for about a day and a 1/2, once I finally got back up and running I was so busy playing catch up that I wasn't tweeting as much as usual. In the interest of being consistent however I have sifted through my sparse collection of tweets for the week to pick my favorite two.

1. RT @craft Mother's Day: Homemade Hand Scrub: Homemade Hand Scrub By Katie Goodman http://tinyurl.com/d2etne

I chose this retweet this week because it fits well into the overall theme of the blog and is a nice, easy, and inexpensive homemade gift idea.

2.
Eco Beauty Brands for Teens and Tweens http://tinyurl.com/ckyzfd

This is my choice for my favorite original Tweet of the Week, because I really want to help spread the word about the toxins so often found in our beauty products. This article highlights two new beauty brands specifically targeted to young people, one of which is Teens Turning Green. Teens Turning Green's website is a wonderful resource for parents and children to find safe cosmetics and to get involved in projects ranging from Project Green Prom, to Lips Against Lead.

The Teen's Turning Green's Dirty Thirty is a must-read, and it prompted me to take a closer look at some of the products on my shelves; including the Huggies baby lotion which is now in the trash because it contains four different parabens (good thing I never used it on the baby).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please Deposit Your 2 Cents!

Protected by Copyscape Original Content Validator