If you read yesterday's blog post, you aware of the harmful effects of your average manicure. Luckily, there are plenty of great products that are free from parabens, acetone, formaldehyde and the like. Here is a list of my top product picks and tools for Gorgeously Green Hands & Feet:
1. Sephora's Glass File: because the pattern is etched into the glass they file won't become dull or rust like steel files can. The nonporous material is super easy to sanitize and gentler on nails which leads to less splitting and chipping.
2. EcoTools Bamboo Foot File & Foot Smoothing Stone:the foot file is earth friendly because the handle is made with sustainable bamboo instead of wood or plastic; while the smoothing stone is crafted from finely ground recycled glass.
3. Organic Cotton Balls: the cotton used in these balls is grown without the use of pesticides and are bleached with hydrogen peroxide instead of chlorine.
1. Priti Soy Polish Remover: 100% organic and safe for expectant mothers and children this remover is derived from American grown soy and corn crops.
2. Carol's Daughter Lemon & Jojoba Cuticle Oil & Lemon Ginger Mint Manicure in a Jar:
as a fan of Carol's Daughter from way back, I had to include some of her lovely hand products. Made with essential oils and free from petroleum products, parabens, mineral oil and artificial colors these products are sure to leave hands moisturized and sweetly scented.
3. Piggy Paint: after seeing how solvent based nail polishes ate through a styrofoam plate (see below) , I became believer in Piggy Paint. This water based polish is specially formulated for children and is non toxic, non flammable, odorless, hypoallergenic and "Natural as Mud". Another reason to love Piggy Paint is because it was founded by a stay-at-home mom with two little girls underfoot.
4. SpaRitual Nail Laquers: in addition to being "three free", SpaRitual's nail laquers are vegan, and therefore don't contain fish byproducts that can be found in other nail polishes. The polish bottles are crafted from reusable glass and are fully recycleable. Each of the colors that makes up their beautiful palette is "associated with a unique message or meaning and numerological value." For instance:
This shade Epicurean
Numerology: 120= 1+2+0=3
Expression & warmth. The artist.
Message: Eat, drink and be merry. Only the best for you at this time. Work hard. Play hard.
This shade Disco Inferno
Independence and ambition. The hero.
Message: Don't plan anything. The best is yet to come. Stay up past midnight. Feel the heat.
5. SpaRitual Let It Go Callus Remover: a combination of natural fruit alpha hydroxy acids, antioxidant green tea, aloe and tea tree oil will help smooth even the roughest soles.
6. ME! Bath Body Icing: a sweet finish to your green manicure this creamy paraben free blend infused with shea and cocoa butters will leave your skin moisturized and smelling delish. Try it in Gotta Have It Pomegranate.
7. Carol's Daughter Ecstacy Body Butter: is my mother's favorite CD scent. This butter is super rich and perfect for dry feet with shea and cocoa butters, plus jojoba and sweet almond oils that'll leave skin nourished and smelling absolutely delectable. Of course its free from parabens, petroleum, mineral oil and artificial colors.