Angelic Awards - The Spa Party Blog

12.29.2009

Angelic Awards

Today I recieved my very first award as a blogger, from Jayde of Jayde's Little Corner. Jayde who's blog is only 2 months old, Gave me the "Your An Angel Award" for simply welcoming her to the blogo/twittersphere, which I was absolutely happy to do.



Now this award comes with some stipulations and they are as follows... (in my own words)

1. Thank the person who gave you the award... which I hope goes without saying because to not do so would be very unangelic of you

2. Link back to them in your post.

3. Pay it forward. By giving the award to 5 other people.

4. Let those people know you gave them the award...which again I hope goes without saying.


With the year coming to a close, now is the perfect time to reflect on those people who I feel have supported me in my new role as a blogger, and thank them for doing so.  So without further or do my "Your an Angel Award goes to..."

1. @UmmAmirah, the one person on this list who I've actually interacted with offline. She's a fellow blogger, busybody, soror, friend and I Love her.

2.  Desiree, The Glam Scientist. Twitter can be intimidating to a newbie, Desiree was one of the first people who made me feel welcome by engaging in conversation and even following up and actually visiting my blog.  As if that wasn't enough, she's also invited me to write for her company newsletter/ezine The Envie Report, and is among the first retailers that permitted me to carry her handmade products in my newly minted online store.

3. @WhimsiGal, while Whimsi may not have her own blog, she's very active on Twitter, writes a monthly newsletter, attends blog conferences, and guest blogs. Why she's on my list... she's a go getter and freely shares her knowledge. After only a tweet or two between us,  she was kind enough to suggest a teleconference to give me the scoop on what she learned at the Blogalicious conference. She is also the first to approach me about guest blogging, and got my wheels turning with regard to having other voices featured on The Spa Party Blog. Stay tuned in January, as she guest blogs as a part of my upcoming "Diva is in the Details" series.

4. Donna Maria Coles of The Indie Business Blog. I recently wrapped up an Ultimate Spaliday Party series, in which I asked several folks from around the web to chime in on what type of treatments they'd offer guests at a spaliday party. While I truly appreciate ALL of the women who agreed to participate, I chose to recognize Donna Maria because she was the first to respond, within hours of my sending the email. When undertaking this project I posed the question to folks from "all walks of the web", from those beauty bloggers who are "kind of a big deal", to folks I tweet with fairly regularly. I honestly didn't know how successful it would be considering 1/2 the folks on the list had probably never heard of me or my blog...nevertheless I pressed send and waited for the results. Luckily, I didn't have to wait long because Donna Maria's response was in my inbox by the next day, which made me think " Ya know this thing may actually work out after all". Despite Donna Maria being "kinda a big deal" she took the time to answer my request, and then graciously thanked little 'ole me for asking her in the first place.

5. Itiel McVay of Smell Good Spa. While Itiel could easily view me and my new online store as "the competition" She actively participates in The Spa Party Blog community by commenting on blog posts, was one of my first FB fans and participates in discussions on my fan page, and has retweeted some of my twitterings. In addition to liking her blog, where she shares beauty tips and small business tips, I respect her as a homeschooling mommy, wife and supporter of other women.


Note: I am fortunate to have great friends offline who aren't bloggers who have encouraged my efforts and are always available to listen to my endless stream of ideas. Love you guys too.


Your Resident Spashionista!

4 comments:

Anonymous December 29, 2009 at 2:27 AM  

Congrats on your award!

My best, Lynn

Itiel December 29, 2009 at 12:30 PM  

What?! Lady, I love what you are doing. I smile big when I see new sistahs coming into the mix of B&B goodness. Thank you for the award. I often get these type of awards, but never reciprocate on my blog-time gets away. I think this time will be different... Making a note. ;)

Desiree December 29, 2009 at 12:59 PM  

Awww! I'm so honored to have received this award from you. I love your blog! and I heart you too. Thank you for the mention :-)

Anonymous December 29, 2009 at 11:14 PM  

Swing by my space this week, I am hosting a mega giveaway extravaganza!

My best, Lynn

Post a Comment

Please Deposit Your 2 Cents!

Protected by Copyscape Original Content Validator