You need a bit of Inspiration... Every Now & Zen - The Spa Party Blog

3.12.2010

You need a bit of Inspiration... Every Now & Zen

I chose an Asian inspired baby shower for this month's spa party theme. Usually, each Spa Party of the Month series is broken up into 3 posts. Touch, where I describe the spa treatments & set the stage; Taste which details foods that would be appropriate for the given theme, and Sight  which provides decor suggestions. Every now and again I'll also throw in a Sounds post where I'll present a playlist inspired by the theme, but I haven't done that ever since the demise of my beloved Imeem.


Well this month, I just can't seem to contain myself to only those posts. There is a wealth of inspiration on the web for Asian-inspired parties and I just had to share two of my favorites. Of course I could have incorporated elements of these parties in the upcoming decor post, BUT I think that both of these parties are well worth you viewing the whole thing. 

First up is an Asian-inspired baby shower thrown for/by Joanna, over at the blog Lotus Haus. Though I'll give you a sneak preview below, I encourage you to visit her blog for all of the details and symbolism that made this shower so wonderful. Joanna has a knack for combining "global, modern & sustainable style", with marvelous results. If you think her Asian baby shower is cute, I'd suggest checking out the Lebanese inspired shower as well.


Before I jump into the next party, I wanted to share two DIY projects that I spotted elsewhere on Joanna's blog a chinese take out floral arrangement & an adorable way to package paper fortune cookies;  which would also work well with a variety of other fortune cookies that I'll share later both edible and inedible.
 Photos: Joanna Dyckhoff, Lotus Haus Creative Services

This second feature is care of Brides.com, who did a wonderful job of fusing elements from a variety of Asian countries in their East Meets Guest wedding reception. I love the florals and use of color.

Photos: Brides.com
Now, if you read the spa party of the month post you'll realize that the treatment I chose to focus on this go-'round is manicures. BUT, if you were to have an Asian-inspired spa party with facials the napkin styling by Social Couture would be a great way to present guests face/hand towels and chopsticks, which they can use to create a bun to keep hair out of their faces (assuming they have long hair), checkout this e-how tute on creating fancy beaded chopsticks just for this purpose.  While your at it, try picturing that lovely and vibrant low bouquet from the East Meets Guest interspersed with some facial size bath poufs...could be interesting. 




Photos:(l-r) Photobucket user Lunalovegood_photos,Social Couture
Brides.com, Bathtime Goodies

Your Resident Spashionista!

2 comments:

Anonymous March 20, 2010 at 8:29 AM  

Hi! Stopping by from SITS! Have a wonderful weekend!

I am Harriet March 20, 2010 at 11:41 AM  

Hi there.
This was a nice post .

Stopping by via SITS to say hello.
Have a great day!

http://harrietandfriends.com/

Post a Comment

Please Deposit Your 2 Cents!

Protected by Copyscape Original Content Validator