Best Foot Forward: Teaser - The Spa Party Blog

12.27.2009

Best Foot Forward: Teaser

I just wanted to give a quick sneak peek, into the spa party I'm planning to kick off the New Year. I've been crafting away, and I'm excited to share everything with my friends and family. I REALLY would've loved to have featured some of the fabulous manicure/pedicure products that I carry in the Spalibrations Online Store, at my shindig but of course I didn't decide that I was going to have the party until the last minute and I was worried that holiday shipping delays would prevent me from getting my products on time.

And so I'm undertaking a variety of craft projects to cover giveaways, and decor.

The party theme is a twist on December's Spa Party of the Month - Sole-ful New Year. I invited a few friends over to "Put Their Best Foot Forward for 2010", and we'll be indulging in foot treatments (soak, exfoliation, massage & masque) & henna (because I just couldn't resist having a henna party).


I found this great wrapping paper at Target that will serve as my color inspiration (there is a companion paper, not pictured here from which I'll also draw design inspiration). I started making these little favor boxes from scrapbooking paper with the help of this tutorial that I found on Kiyomi Krafts. 





I also made some anklets to give away as door prizes.











Lastly, I wanted to give a spa related door prize so I attempted to make peppermint body candies...of course I didn't measure and they turned out way too soft. So in order to fix them I froze them so they could harden (at least temporarily) and then dipped them in melted cocoa butter (which smells just like chocolate). The combination of the mint and chocolate reminded me of peppermint patties, and since this is a foot themed party I've dubbed my creation peppermint pedis. Which I wrapped in gold foil candy wrappers, which to my luck are silver on the opposite side.





I'll be sharing more of my creations coming soon, including a henna/foot balm to go in the favor boxes.





Your Resident Spashionista!

2 comments:

Itiel December 27, 2009 at 12:39 PM  

You guys are going to have a great time! I am sure your guest will cherish the anklets too. Mmmm, chocolate mint...divine. I love Madina, a top notch supplier of ours since 98!

Jayde December 28, 2009 at 4:19 PM  

The peppermint pedis sound delightful! I have chosen you for an award. Please visit http://jaydescorner.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-very-first-award.html to claim it. Have a great day!

Post a Comment

Please Deposit Your 2 Cents!

Protected by Copyscape Original Content Validator